10.25.2006

the grass is always greener...


It frightens me how all-consuming graduate school can be. 95% of my daily life revolves around some aspect of my education (I would say a good 47% of that is procrastinating, but whatev'). This semester is harder than the first two combined. This is good because I finally feel like a masters student, but I am also getting really run down. I'm like a shadow of myself some days. Other days, though, it is so energizing to rise to the challenge and incredibly fulfilling to succeed. Unfortunately, I probably find myself complaining more of exhaustion rather than being grateful for this opportunity. I guess the grass can be green on this side of the fence, too, if I water it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i know this isn't the happiest of all posts, but i thought i throw a little joy your way...that's such a great picture! i heart grass.


sooooo good catching up with you last night. thanks for the pictures! and i LOVE the enchanted soccer field. wicked awesome friend, wicked awesome!

monica said...

wish i could have seen you last weekend . . . sure do miss you pretty girl. maybe you could make a trip into the city another time? or perhaps i will be home at my grandma's (in new hope) over christmas and i could see you then??? its only 20 minutes to princeton from where she lives . . .