7.31.2007

i love loons.

many rather colorful people waltz into the library every day. but the man who came in at 8:30 this morning may be my favorite. picture an anemic-looking Rudy Giuliani in a grey tee shirt and glasses, carrying a mysterious roll of paper--probably blueprints to the library because he's planning on infiltrating the sacred westminster archives once he's gained our trust.
here was his opening monologue:

"I have no credentials. I cannot prove to you who I am because I have no identification, but I would like to make use of your library. I'm a 1970 graduate of Princeton High School, a 1976 graduate of Rutgers University, and a 1985 graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary. I don't know what else to say because I have no credentials. I would like to make photocopies of all of the Bach cantatas I do not already own. I will need to make use of your card catalog. Let's see, what else....I'm a liberal Protestant, a minister...and I don't have a card or credentials because of the blunders of your predecessors."


Wow. Who let him out of the loony bin? I'd like to shake his hand. That was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I think I'll take him home.


1 comment:

Julie said...

What did you DO?? Also. the word verification for this comment is: hotonnhu. niiiiiice