7.09.2006

i know a little girl.

her name is olivia.

she is six years old today, and i celebrate the incredible little person she is. first of all, she is undeniably beautiful. her curly blonde tendrils hint at her deliciously funny sense of humor, and her wide, steel-blue eyes have old soul written all over them. she is smart because her gears are turning at a million miles an hour--she is constantly asking questions and trying to figure out the way the world works. she is tender-loving, extremely thoughtful and helpful, and she has a sweetness about her that can't help but make you feel lucky to be alive.

yesterday, i brought mary poppins, one of my all-time favorites, to watch with her for the first time. she asks me, "but diana, why are the chimney sweeps wearing tap shoes?"

happy birthday, little girl.

1 comment:

yellow_mustard_girl said...

I LOVE YOU. I love love love you. I am a selfish, self-absorbed person and a bad friend, but I want you to know that you are very very loved. And you are one of the most interesting and inspiring people I know. I would (and will!) buy your book, your CD, your coffee at your coffee shop/bookstore. I know this post is a little out of the blue, but I just caught up on your journal and I am once again, just totally amazed at your writing and your honesty. I can totally relate to your second to the last post, about what your voice teacher said. I often feel like I'm watching a movie of myself experiencing stuff. I'm not quite connected. Maybe cause I'm painfully self-aware? I don't know. Whooops, this isn't supposed to be about me! I think you are awesome. I think you are one of the most emotionally intuitive people I know, and I think it's great that you are taking some time to get to know yourself :)
Love you loootsss, Tai