7.13.2006

leave me alone.

i am at work at the library. for the past several hours, i have been musing over the idea of building a rather ostentatious fort around my post at the circulation desk. it will be unable to be penetrated by the ghastly amount of fluorescent light in the room (to which i am overexposed day in and out). inside there will be sand and shells and simulated waves crashing on the sea. perhaps i'll throw in a pina colada and a cabana boy. and maybe a book or two. surprisingly, i am not allowed to read here.

yes, i think it will work. if people want my assistance, they merely have to come up with the correct password. is that so difficult?

2 comments:

T said...

I... have seen Pappyland. Only a few times in the last couple of years; alas, I did not grow up with Pappy and his George Carlin-esque visage. When I was younger I saw a show where every week this guy who looked like Chris Kattan in an orange jumpsuit would draw cartoonish space environments. It was hardly as diverse as Pappyland in its content. He always drew with a black permanent marker, and the lines he drew were always as thick or as thin as he wanted them to be. Black markers ARE NOT FORGIVING, so you've gotta know what you're doing.

Jersey said...

only one cabana boy? i would have at least four.. three fanning me with giant leaves (since it's so damn hot out) and one feeding me grapes... but that's just me.