8.22.2007

oh they got me.

"I've always wondered why David Hasselhoff was so popular in Germany," began the charming radio man... "and last night was no exception."

[proceeds to play a horrendous clip of Hasselhoff singing "This Is the Moment" from Jekyll & Hyde on America's Got Talent--out of tune, lots of screaming--simply terrifying.]

"Oh god, not the key change...." [screams harder.]

"And here it is folks, the money note..." [a big scoop and then SLAM.]

"Wow."

"Yikes."

"David Hasselhoff, I hate to say it, but you are lousy."

"We know the Germans like you, but that's because they drink a lot of dark beer, and everything sounds better when you're drinking dark beer."

"But what I do admire is your lack of self-consciousness. I would be mortified to do that on the nation's number one tv show."

"Yeah, good point. We applaud you, Hoff."

"Yeah, we would never hassel the Hoff."


I was in tears the whole way to work in the car.

1 comment:

k.o. said...

this bad boy nearly brought me to tears.