so i did something weird yesterday.
on my way to work, i saw three dead squirrels on the road as i left my apartment complex. obviously they had been run over by cars, or one of the maintenance vans, or maybe one of the thousands of asian mothers around here who power walk with a two-seater stroller. anyway, the little things weren't just dead, though, they were quite horribly mutilated. one didn't even have a head. and then the honest-to-goodness-gosh-darndest-weirdest thing happened...
i laughed.
does that make me a bad person?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
a of all, it doesn't make you a bad person, just a little gross ... b of all, if we're beieng honest, I didn't really know you that well in college, and though I admired you from a afar, I was a tiny bit worried that your blog would like boring like ... well ... mine ... and I'm not sure if I could stand anything ruining my naive understanding of the impeccable Diana. So that explanation is totally lame but it's as close as I can get to what I was thinking.
When I read this post I laughed. See you in HELL. But don't worry, I have a Get Out of Hell Free Card. Kate Bornstein, a transgender activist, gave it to me. She said that if I take her advice and wind up in Hell, I can give it to the Devil, and Kate will serve my time for me. But she'd like that, because she's really masochistic. Right now she's writing a semi-autobiographical book in which the main character dies during sex at the end of every chapter. What are we talking about? Squirrels. I have black ones near me. But I'm the whitest thing around in this neck of the woods.
oh, peter, what a joy. the squirrels around here are all black, too. and fat. not that being those two things are bad. unless you're a squirrel, of course. but it's not being black or fat that makes the squirrel bad, it's being a damn squirrel.
no...it makes you awesome.
Post a Comment