11.13.2006

This morning it hit me that I am, in fact, a musician.

I didn't really accomplish much this weekend in the way of school work (big surprise) due to various rehearsals, work, church....and watching Elf. This morning, I bailed on work at the library because I needed to stay home and write in ornaments on a Handel aria that is to be sung tonight at Voice Repertoire. I also need to learn two new pieces for my coaching this afternoon, and I need to continue researching for my paper on the lieder of Hugo Wolf, and make the listening CDs for my American Song Lit class (which I'm getting paid $100 bucks to do--SWEET). My brain is constantly swirling with the countless tunes and lessons that have been committed to memory. My bedroom floor looks like tropical storm Herman swept through and destroyed any sense of order and peace. My throat aches from singing so much, and I can't imagine getting through these next few weeks.

I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)